The largest installation of The History of the Star of David is soon to be installed in the Healing Garden of the Legacy Heritage Oncology Center & Dr. Larry Norton Institute at Soroka Medical Center.
Soroka is the sole major medical center for the entire Negev, serving over 1.2 million residents in an area that comprises 60% of Israel’s land. It offers recognized excellence across the entire spectrum of medical care: prevention, diagnosis, research, education, advanced treatment, trauma care and cancer care. It fulfills a vital role for Israel as the “Iron Dome for health.”
Soroka is an outstanding national strategic asset and essential to meeting the medical needs of the Israel Defense Forces (the “IDF”). Through the delivery of urgently needed medical care to the diverse society in the Negev, Soroka makes a unique contribution to building a future of security and peaceful coexistence for Israel.
SOROKA MEDICAL CENTER
- One of Israel’s largest and busiest hospitals.
- Serves the IDF as the only medical center on the southern front, serving the IDF operations and training bases in the region.
- Transforming Cancer Care with the new the Legacy Heritage Oncology Center & Dr. Larry Norton Institute.
- Center of excellence in trauma care, genetics, clinical research, pediatrics, psychiatric care, and more.
- Located in Be’er Sheva, capital of the Negev, and the high-tech hub of Israel.
- The largest employer in the Negev and a key factor for the development of the Negev.
- Intensely multi-cultural setting, a beacon of peaceful coexistence in action.
- Teaching hospital for the Medical School of Ben-Gurion University, and the Medical School for International Health, in collaboration with Columbia University Medical Center.
- The first hospital in Israel accredited by the Joint Commission International, a credential it has maintained for 10 years.
For more information about Soroka Medical Center and The History of the Star of David project click here.
Giving back is part of our heritage and an important part of the life and future survival of the Jewish people. 10% of each sale of The History of the Star of David art is donated to Soroka Medical Center.